Food Trucks, Mobile Food, Carts, and Vendors
Food trucks, carts, and mobile food vendors are currently permitted within the City limits as of;
- Special events with a master host license in the Interlocal Service Boundary Area (ISBA) on North US Highway 1.
- City or Mainstreet sponsored event on public property (Celtic festival, 4th of July fireworks).
- Large scale civic events on private property (such as Prince of Peace Oktoberfest, Calvary fireworks show).
- Malted beverage producers in the I-1 zoning district. Currently, the only malted beverage producer is the Ormond Brewery.
Each food truck must obtain a Business Tax Receipt or Business Registration:
- An Ormond Beach business tax receipt is required for businesses whose principle location is within the City limits. Required to be renewed annually.
- Outside the City Business Registration is required for businesses whose principle location is located in another jurisdiction. Required to be renewed annually.
Additional information required for individual food truck vendors:
- Copy of current State License from DBPR or Department of Agriculture.
- Certificate of Insurance, with general liability in the amount of $1,000,000 and listing the City of Ormond Beach as a certificate holder.
- Recent picture of the Food Truck.
- Proof of liquid propane inspection from a licensed company permitted to work on LP systems (dated within the last six months).
- Proof of completion of a City Fire Inspection review once every (6) months.
To apply for a Business Tax Receipt or register, these are the following requirements:
- Outside the City Business Registration Application (which is required to be renewed annually).
- Mobile Food Vendor Application.
- Mobile Food Vehicle Inspection Checklist Application (which is required to be renewed every six months).
Please click this link to obtain the applications.