North US1 Interlocal Service Boundary Area
The North US Highway 1 corridor serves as the northernmost gateway into the County of Volusia and cities of Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach, South Daytona and Port Orange. Visitors, tourists, residents, and business owners utilize the gateway to travel to and from various destination points in the cities. The city commission has for many years encouraged the revitalization of the gateway to eliminate blight and promote economic development, including the adoption of gateway standards and policies.
Certain lands adjacent to the gateway are located in the unincorporated territory of the county and certain other lands are located within the municipal boundaries of the city, which resulted in the lands being subject to different and confusing zoning, land use, development, and other regulations. Those different standards resulted in the inefficient planning and development of lands, as well as the inefficient delivery of public services and resources.
The North US 1 Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement between the City of Ormond Beach and the County of Volusia established a municipal service area designed to:
- Encourage intergovernmental coordination in planning, service delivery, and boundary adjustments;
- Reduce intergovernmental conflicts and litigation between local governments;
- Promotes sensible boundaries that reduce the costs of local governments,
- Avoid duplicating local services,
- Increase political transparency and accountability; and
- Prevent inefficient service delivery and an insufficient tax base to support the delivery of those services.
North US 1 ISBA actions:
- City Commission adopted the original North US 1 Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement (ISBA) on August 19, 2014 per Ordinance No. 2014-27.
- Volusia County Council adopted the Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement on August 21, 2014 by Volusia County Ordinance No. 2014-12.
- The first amendment to the North US 1 ISBA expanding the original Municipal Service Area was adopted by the City Commission on August 20, 2019 per Ordinance 2019-19.
- Volusia County Council adopted the First Amended North US 1 ISBA on September 17, 2019 per Ordinance 2019-15.
View the original North US 1 ISBA map
View the First Amended North US 1 ISBA map
Itinerant Commercial Activity Application
The City Commission recognized that special event activities occurred on improved and unimproved lands in the ISBA area. The City Commission desired to establish reasonable regulations for itinerant merchants consistent with the City's policies to eliminate blight and encourage economic revitalization in the North US 1 ISBA area and along the gateway. The following Ordinances were adopted to establish such regulations:
- Ordinance 2015-27 adopted on 06/23/2015 amending the Code of Ordinances by adding master vendor, itinerant vendor and outdoor entertainment activity permit fees, amending the Land Development Code to include Itinerant Merchant Regulations for recognized Special Events and Outdoor Entertainment Activity and Temporary Campsites for the North US 1 Municipal Service Area
- Ordinance 2015-28 adopted 06/23/2015, amending the Code of Ordinances by adding master vendor, itinerant vendor and outdoor entertainment activity permit fees.
If you are a Recognized Special Event Host site, please complete the application below with the required information listed on the application. If you are not on the list below, you cannot apply.
The application must be notarized. After approval, fees can be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. If you have any questions about the permitting process, please contact us at 386-676-3233.
The following merchants are a Recognized Special Event Host:
1.253 Destination Daytona Lane - J&P Cycles
2.470 Destination Daytona Blvd - Wyotec
3.1041 N. US Hwy 1 - J Discount #2
4.1065 N. US Hwy 1 - Standard Cycle/Biker Haven
5.1068 N. US Hwy 1 - Iron Horse Saloon
6.1069 & 1077 N. US Hwy 1 - Paul's Mobile Village/Hog Pen
7.1074 N. US Hwy 1 - Ocean Club
8.1080 N. US Hwy 1 - Harris Village RV/Eagles Nest
9.1090 N. US Hwy 1 - Kurras Mobile Village/Wild Bill
10.1105 N. US Hwy 1 - Low Country Oysters of Ormond Beach
11.1106 N. US Hwy 1 - Hired Gun
12. 1151 N. US Hwy 1 – Broken Spoke
13.1481 N. US Hwy 1 - Annie Oakley's Saloon
14.1622 N. US Hwy 1 - Sunshine #230 Store
15.1635 N. US Hwy 1 - Destination Daytona
16.1657 N. US Hwy 1 - Love's Travel Stop