Open for Business
About Open for Business
Ormond Beach is certified by the Central Florida Coalition for Growth & Prosperity as an Open for Business community.
A coalition of Central Florida business associations, appropriately labeled Open for Business - the Central Florida Coalition for Growth & Prosperity, has been established to address the region's economic recovery. Focused first on identifying economic and regulatory barriers, this broad-based coalition represents thousands of employers in the eight-county Central Florida service footprint made up of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia counties.
Included on the coalition's Organizing Committee are: Associated Builders & Contractors, Central Florida Partnership, Florida Bankers Association, Home Builders Association of Metro Orlando, Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, Orlando Regional REALTOR Association, and WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA.
City of Ormond Beach Open for Business Mission Statement
To provide the highest quality professional plan review, permitting, and customer service to a project applicant, and to work with the applicant to complete development of the project to its maximum potential.
- Organized – the City of Ormond Beach provides an organized and efficient development review path through the use of checklists, pre-application conferences, on-going customer service, reduced number of Site Plan Review Committee meetings, permit tracking, concurrent review, inspector accessibility, and electronic communication.
- Consistent – the City of Ormond Beach has adopted a Land Development Code designed to remove redundancy and conflicting procedures to make for a simple, expedient and consistent development process.
- Accessible – the City of Ormond Beach places a premium on customer service through a convenient walk-in counter facility, flexible meeting scheduling, timely review of plans and electronic permit tracking.
- Dynamic – the City of Ormond Beach believes that our efficient and responsive development review process must be dynamic, incorporating new methods and technologies to afford better communication and expedited project construction progress.
- Efficient – the City of Ormond Beach endeavors for a business or residential project to receive a Certificate of Occupancy in the shortest period of time, and commits to work with the applicant to achieve that common goal.